Friday, November 21, 2008

3 Dollars Richer...

Mom decided today that she will give me 3 dollars a day spending money.

"Don't you dare tell your father!" she told me scoldingly. 

The three dollars is to buy me two regular 20 oz Coca-Colas a day.  I was just glad for something, anything.  It will be fun to drive down to Fat Albert's everyday, see George, and to buy my Cokes.  I will have a new ritual.  

Helen took it upon herself to clean today.  She was worried my father was going to notice the lack of cleaning since he is over here every night.

"He's paying me to clean as you know," Helen told me this morning. 

Helen is cooking a chicken, cheddar, and egg noodle casserole for supper.  Mom has already been by twice hoping the casserole was finished baking.  Helen had asked me the other day what I like the most and I told her casseroles.   They are pretty easy to fix as well.   

9 comments:

Brad said...

Congrats on your sobriety B-day - sorry I missed the day. Hope you have a great weekend. BTW I moved my blog - come see me at www.kubotofarm.blogspot.com -

B

Eric Valentine said...

Nice to hear the name George again Andrew, BTW Nice banner setting, very appealing.. :)

Eric said...

I think I would force myself to clean if it meant I got to continue getting those delicious meals...lol

www.goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com

justLacey said...

A clean house and a casserole on a Friday. What more would anyone need? I think the $3 a day is a good start. I wish your dad would see that you are doing well and join in, but I guess that is kind of hopeless for now.

(M)ary said...

with $3, i would buy a candy bar and a cup of regular coffee...

i try to *not* spend money these days. i need to learn to be more frugal

(M)ary said...

Hey Andrew--thank you for your kind comment on my blog! i always get so excited when you comment. i can't find your email address or i would send you an email! i know it is somewhere here on your blog but i must be missing it.
have a great day!

happyone said...

Though I like casseroles now I didn't when I was a kid. I called them "forever food" because it took me forever to eat them. :-)

Syd said...

Sounds like a good casserole Andrew. Congratulations again on your sobriety birthday. Have a good day.

Cheryl said...

Hi Andrew,

I'm missing you!