Monday, November 17, 2008

The So-Called Sick Son...

My father swears something's wrong with me lately.

"For months you were quiet and now you are all needy! You came over to the house three times yesterday for diet Dr. Pepper! You usually stay at your house!  Are you taking something?  You haven't even asked for your Klonopin in days.  That worries me!"

Here's the part where he attempts to medicate me with one Risperidone and two Klonopin.  I took the pills with a swallow of delicious, wonderful, regular Coca-Cola.  

I have learned to stay quiet during these little interrogations.  I realize I am feeling better and more self assured and this confounds my family.  I am no longer playing that mentally ill, sick, confused son.  The role I have to play in my mixed up family to support the status quo.

I am feeling better!   

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! :)

justLacey said...

I'm glad you're feeling better too. Why does your dad always want to medicate you?

Andrew said...

Lacey,

It is an effort to control my behavior that he didn't like.

skinny minny said...

My family does the same thing when i make changes that are positive or even just different they worry that i am sick or back doing things I shouldn't. Stay the course they will get used to the new you.
Almost one year yippee!

CJM-R said...

When one person in a family changes the whole family shifts. Sounds like he isn't ready for that yet.

I love to hear that you feel better, that always makes my day!