Thursday, November 06, 2008

Flat Out Tired...

Had my first flat in my new car today.  I had to work this morning.  I was heading home when I heard a strange noise and the car started to pull to the right. I pulled over to get out and look and it was a massive flat.

Luckily, I have a mechanical aptitude for these sorts of things.  I had the spare on in about ten minutes.  I used to go to school to be a automotive mechanic.

*******

I was very pleased with the election results.  Let's see if we can all do great things these next four years.  

********

Helen called me a moment ago.

"Where have you been?" she asked worried. "Your father told me to check in with you while he is gone."

"I had to deliver a hospital bed," I replied.

"What do you want for supper tomorrow night?" Helen asked.

"Something fall-like," I replied. "Lets have turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, and that macaroni casserole you make so well."

"Oh, you gonna put me to work, eh?" Helen said laughing. "No easy meal for tomorrow."

"Helen, you could cook a dish rag and I would find it appetizing."

8 comments:

Syd said...

That was a great compliment to Helen. I also hope that we can unite behind our new President. I am very pleased also.

glittermom said...

New car? No more Honda CRV, the green bomb...

CJM-R said...

I thought the same thing... did I miss something? New car? LoL

Can I come for supper tomorrow? Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

happyone said...

A new car - how nice. Sorry you got a flat tire!
My car has run flat tires so I don't have to worry about having to change a flat tire! :-)

Cheryl said...

Plain & simple? I want Helen.

Leann said...

Macaroni casserole?? Sounds yummy.

Summer said...

So, how was dinner tonight Sugah?

Eric said...

A flat tire is a bummer, but to get a meal like that..wow. And your compliment was priceless ad I bet made her smile from ear to ear. :D

www.goinggreenaccidently.com