Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spontaneous Journeys...

"I really would like something good to eat," mom said this morning as I drove us back from Fat Albert's. 

My mother loves a good hotdog more than anything.

"Let's go to the Dairy Dee!" I said excitedly. "They have the best slaw dawgs I have ever eaten."

"Where is it?" mom asked.

"In Opelika," I replied.

It was a long, long drive, but well worth it.  Mom and I both got foot long slaw dogs and chocolate shakes.   It was a delicious treat.

*****

I really appreciated all the kind and supportive comments yesterday on my sobriety birthday.  You people rock!  I couldn't have made it this far without your help, the supportive comments, and all the blogs I like to read.  There are tons of good AA blogs out there and I found most through Google Reader.    

9 comments:

justLacey said...

Slaw dog, YUMMMMMMMY!

Syd said...

Sounds like a good time with your mother. I don't think that I've ever had a slaw dog. Sounds like something that I need to explore though.

Ryan said...

I love the new layout. For some reason I couldn't focus on your writing with the previous fall-themed layout.

Cheryl said...

Dairy Dee sounds delicious! The only time I eat a hot dog is at Sam's Club and they're great. I load it up with mustard, ketchup, onions, and sauerkraut. Perfectly sloppy!

And, btw, you rock!

Annabel said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment yesterday. Things are so harried right now that I'm barely functioning. Congratulations on a year... I cannot tell you how very proud I am of you. Keep up the good work... you are a strong person and can do it!

Kelly Jene said...

I love a good hot dog. Always hits the spot.

I'm so glad you have this community to help you. It seems perfect for you as we're here when you need us and gone when you want to be alone. ;)

ry said...

i see i missed the chance to say happy sobriety birthday.
so i'll just say it now

happy sobriety birthday!

Summer said...

Did it have chili on it too?

Cathy said...

Hi Andrew~

Spontaneous trips are the best--freedom to go at the drop of a hat is a precious thing. It sounds like you had a good time--a wonderful way to celebrate you year of freedom!
Sorry that I missed your anniversary, but I've been thinking about you.