Monday, November 10, 2008

Valleys and Hills...

I was lying on the floor a moment ago putting together a little bird feeder my mother had gotten me months ago.  Maggie did something very uncharacteristic of her as she walked over and started to lick me on my face vigorously.  "But Dad! You need a bath!" she seemed to be saying.  I giggled and swooned and cried, "Yuck!"  But I let her do it.  It was a special moment between me and my best friend. 

I realized I am suffering from a depression while my parents were gone.  I am so dependant upon them for everything.  I am out of gas.  Out of meds for my toothache.  And several other things.  I am also noticeably missing the socialization and social comfort I get so much from them.  Mom calls me several times a day many days and often comes over.  I count on dad coming every night with my medications.  This has been noticeably lacking from my life.  

I was reading "The Homeless Guy" today.  Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.  What is noticeably lacking from his life is any family support.  That must be such a lonely and depressing existence.  The more I read, the more depressed I grew until I left to read Upsy-Downsy's Blog.  I was immediately perked up by the suggestion to go out and get fresh air and sunshine.  And you know what?  It worked.  Me and Maggins headed outside for a little camera time.  I'll post that video in a moment.  Hope you all are well today!  I miss you all! 

6 comments:

C.A. said...

When do your parents get back? Sounds like the fresh air and sunshine did you well! I love the video of Miss Maggie!

Hugs...

C.A.

Cheryl said...

Sometimes I walk around my block just to get some fresh air. It really does help. And I smile, because just the act of doing that makes me happy. I'm glad your folks are safely back home. Give them a hug!

Tee said...

You are so blessed to have a family that loves and cares for you! I know you get discouraged, but try to stay encouraged because you have so much!

justLacey said...

You are blessed to have such a wonderful family, but this is not the case for all people and may not be for the homeless guy. The other possibility is that they are wonderful people he has driven away from his life because it makes it easier for him to get sympathy from strangers. I have already expressed what I thought if his blog. I couldn't follow it as my sympathy gene must be missing for some people.

happyone said...

Walking always perks me up too. I love starting all my days with a walk. :-)

Brad said...

There really is something about being out in the sunshine and fresh air that perks a body right up. I think it shows how connected we are with our little planet.