Sunday, November 09, 2008

Beyond Lucky...

I keep telling myself today that I am beyond lucky.  I feel down today and lonely for some reason.  I should have died that cold and icy February night I was drunk and wrecked my motorcycle.  That has been today's theme.  Trying to stay upbeat and happy.  I am incredibly lucky!

Maggie brings me no end to joy.  We were just laying on the bed and I thought about how lucky I am to share these times with her.  Yeah, my life could be better, but there was no better moment between dog and man just then. 

Things to be thankful for:

  • Always reliable and fast Internet.
  • Plenty of nutritious food and drink.
  • A home that's paid for.
  • A car that's paid for.
  • A family that, even though I've put them through hell, still loves me.
  • The programs of NA and AA that got me through so many dark times in my life.  Times I almost gave up hope and started to drink again.

I have a speaker's meeting only a fifteen minute walk from my house at 7 PM.  Maybe that's where I need to be tonight.  Even though I don't like the groups in town, they should have something to offer me tonight if just another AA goer's struggle with alcohol.   

4 comments:

becomingkate said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better.
btw, I always really enjoy your videos.

justLacey said...

I think this time of year makes people depressed on and off. I hope your little bout is over soon, but I can relate. It's good to look for things to be grateful about. It makes us notice them more and not take them so much for granted. It's something I try and do as well, but you have reminded me once again. That is a good thing.

Theo Clarke said...

And your account of your journey helps me and, I guess, others.

happyone said...

I hope your feeling better today. I think it does help to list the things that we are thankful for when we are feeling down. I will send some HAPPY thoughts your way too! :-)