Saturday, November 01, 2008

2 Votes for 1...

"Who should I vote for?" mom asked me this morning.

"Haven't you watched any of the debates?" I asked.

"You know I don't watch TV anymore."

"I'm probably voting Democrat because I don't want the Republicans to privatize Social Security," I told her. 

"I will just ride with you and let you fill out my ballot," mom said still looking confused. 

I laughed jovially. 

"Mom, I can't do that," I replied. "It is probably illegal."

"Well, I will just vote Democrat," mom said looking pleased with herself.

"Okay," I replied shaking my head. 

I almost got two votes for the price of one. 

4 comments:

CJM-R said...

I am getting up very early on Tuesday to go and vote. Can't wait.

Good that you can take your mom with you.

Eric said...

'm so glad to hear of 2 more folks voting. I love it. I will be up early on Tuesday, but not to vote. Instead, I'm going to be one of those people you see when you vote, the poll worker. Both my daughters and I will be doing it. It's a ling day, but fun, informative and I feel it is something more people should do. It gives you a better idea of how the process works.

Andrew, you might already have seen this, but the History Channel is starting a new program on Nov. 11 about trains, called "Extreme Trains" I thought you might like to check it out.

www.goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com

Summer said...

:-)

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Andrew! You are a champion! Soon ( a day at a time) you will be a year sober !!!!!

how cool are you!!!
I am so impressed by all the work you have done so far my friend. well done!!
hehee

right id better be off. have a nice sunday andrew!