Friday, April 19, 2019

Savory or Sweet?

That’s what I asked Tracy about breakfast before she got in the shower to get ready for work.

“Let’s have savory this morning,” she replied with a peck on the lips.

I got in the kitchen and cooked some cheese eggs and buttery toast. I wanted to fry some sausage, but I worried it would take too long. Tracy remarked on the novelty of putting cheese in eggs. I told her it was a delicacy when I would stay at my grandmother’s farm growing up.

Tracy’s schedule has about gotten to where it dictates my schedule as well. We were in the bed at eleven last night and it seemed a short time before the alarm went off at 6:45am. Sometimes, I will go back to bed and catch a quick catnap, but most mornings I am up and ready to go choosing to take my nap after lunch has arrived. I try to have Tracy and I a sandwich fixed when she comes home for lunch between noon and 1pm.

I am going to call my father at 10:45am to see if he is up and at ‘em and mosey on over there for a while while we drink diet sodas and watch an episode of Dr. Phil. I love the days where he doesn’t have to work. My father and I have come so very far in these last few years of my recovery. He is less of an old fuss and feathers and more of a friend. We laugh and have the best time together.

Turn Around – Don’t Drown!

We got over 3 inches of rain last night and have flood warnings all over the place. I hope the bridge is not out on the way to my father’s house. Moore’s creek has a tendency to flood on a grand scale during such events.

No comments: