Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Shiny Luster of Work Has Woefully Worn Off…

The alarm went off extremely glaringly this morning jolting both Tracy and I awake. I was having the most wonderful dream about Maggie and mom. Maggie would always greet my mother very differently than Charlie and dad. It would be this very, very high pitched squeal of joy. I wonder if Maggie ever worries what happened to her?

“Oh, I don’t want to go to work,” Tracy then whined pitifully. “I wish I could stay home with you all day.”

I put my head on her shoulder as I told her she was lucky to get a lunch break. It broke up the monotony of the day.

“We are getting lasagna to-go from Johnny’s New York Style Pizzeria for lunch,” I told her, hoping to bolster her spirits somewhat.

She said that sounded wonderful and told me thank you.

“Get some of that wonderful garlic bread they have as well,” Tracy urged me.

“I am also getting us a salad with blue cheese dressing.”

“I’ll see you in about four hours,” Tracy then told me and shut the front door behind her.

No comments: