Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Pod People Are Here…

I call the grandkids the “pod people” because they are always walking around like zombies or sitting with their faces buried in iPhones, iPads, and other internet enabled devices.  Well, Papa invited Tracy and I over for breakfast this morning. We had fried sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Oh, I am forgetting the Mary B’s biscuits.

“Thank god for wireless internet,” my father told me. “It keeps the kids preoccupied and entertained.”

“I should have brought my tablet and I would fit in just fine,” I quipped to my father playfully.

I explained to my father why I call them the pod people and he laughed and laughed. Dad then asked me if I am enjoying my birthday computer parts.

“I stayed up until past midnight last night installing my new soundcard and speakers,” I told him. “I was just so ecstatic. My computer has never sounded better.” 

Four parts have arrived and I still have four more computer parts on the way. They should arrive Monday. I am anxiously awaiting my pocket weather radio much to Tracy’s chagrin.

No comments: