Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Yay! It’s Finally Here!

I was beginning to think my little pocket weather radio had gotten lost in the mail. I was giving up hope of it ever arriving. It had been over a week since we ordered it. It was the most anticipated gift out of all my gifts this birthday. Well, it arrived today and meets and exceeds my expectations. This thing is so very neat! I was shocked at how tiny and light it is. The shipping box felt as if it were empty.

“Surely, that can’t be that radio,” dad said when he handed me the shipping box earlier today.

Tracy came home for lunch and I was listening to it in the kitchen while I prepared our noon meal. I was picking up the weather station out of Columbus, Georgia to our southeast.

“Look! Its even got a speaker so I don’t have to listen with earbuds,” I told Tracy very happily.

“I could kill Mr. John for ordering that for you,” is all Tracy said with an exasperated smile.

Tracy says the weather radio gets on her nerves because it is so monotonous.

“That thing is not coming to bed with us tonight,” Tracy then said knowing me so very well.

I had this devilish grin on my face as I handed her a lunch plate of ham and tomato sandwiches and potato chips.

1 comment:

amelia said...

I love the weather network and my family all groan when I put it on! You have my sympathies with Tracy not liking it!