Thursday, April 04, 2019

Scared the Living Daylights Out of Me…

“Where’s the Magster?” Tracy asked as she was getting ready for work this morning.

I was in the kitchen warming us up some sweet cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

“You haven’t seen her this morning?” I asked worriedly.

Tracy said no and went about getting dressed for work. I stood in the doorway and watched like a dirty old man.

“What?” Tracy asked smiling broadly as she pulled on her work scrubs.

“It’s just that you are so beautiful,” I replied. “I am lucky to have you.”

My girl with the curls and the curves.

The house was especially quiet this morning. Wheezy was asleep on the arm of the couch. Well, I panicked and looked everywhere and Maggie wasn’t in the house. My worst thoughts were a gate had gotten left open and Maggie had escaped the confines of the backyard which would prove disastrous. The road down from my house is one very busy thoroughfare. I donned a coat and headed out the back door. Maggie was under the laundry room eating a muddy and grimy chicken tender she had buried Sunday evening. I had never been so relieved in my life.

“Don’t scare me so, girl!” I told her scoldingly with a nervous laugh.

Soon, Maggie came romping through the house and used the rug in the den to clean her muddy face and paws. I sighed, but didn’t get on to her this time. I was just overjoyed she was okay. She was just having her breakfast.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

How are Maggie and the cat getting along? Seems like Maggie played a late April fool's prank on you...

glittermom said...

Happy birthday young man! Hope all well with you. 🎂