Saturday, November 20, 2004

A few thoughts from today…..

Okay, the Auburn/Alabama game is over. We won and now have bragging rights for another year. That gives us eleven wins and zero losses. The SEC championship is next and we play Tennessee in Atlanta. We creamed them in Knoxville earlier in the season and it will be an interesting game. Will Tennessee step up to the plate and make the second game more interesting? Only time will tell. In the southeastern conference you just never know what will happen.

On Saturday mornings I have a ritual. There is a flea market next to the Piggly Wiggly and they let individuals set up stalls outside and I like to walk down and window shop. I rarely if ever buy anything. What astounds me is the amount of software, movie, and music piracy going on in some of these stalls. A few people have learned how to use internet newsgroups for their gain and profit. They download stuff, burn them, print some nice looking covers, and then sell them at a greatly reduced price at the flea market. They have current, in the theater, movies, really cheap popular CDs, and software at a greatly reduced price. These folks were making a killing today and I wonder when and if they will get caught or shut down.

I saw Cap with Tag Guy today. George was probably nursing a hangover at his mother’s house. Cap with Tag did his usual nod hello. He was standing up against the wall listening to a walkman and you could hear his music blaring he had it so loud. He was nodding his head to the rhythm and the tag on his hat was bouncing all over the place. I have rarely, if ever, heard him speak. He reminds me of a black version of Silent Bob from Kevin Smith’s movie Clerks. I give him an A+ for dedication. He has to be the most dedicated crack dealer in this country. He is always on the job. It never fails that he is down there when I go to the flea market or the Pig.

Well, let me quit rambling. I have to help my friend, Chad, type up a professional looking business proposal and need to get started. I am going to go pick him up and bring him over here so we can work together. He wants to entice a family member to co-sign on a loan to finance buying an acre of land, drilling a well, and moving his paid for mobile home onto that property. His trailer park lot rent is killing him. They are charging him $250 a month just for lot rent. That is more than my house payment. That is ridiculous and I told him I would help him in any way he needed me. Let me quit writing about it and go do something about it. Good night.

No comments: