Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A lesson in not drinking and driving…..

(Also, an introduction to DJ RapStar, a new addition to the Piggly Wiggly groupies.)

As I was taking a fellow AA member home tonight we came upon a discussion about George. It started out with talking about going to the Piggly Wiggly today for things.

“You ever see George down there?” I asked.

The Guy laughed and said, “You mean ole’ taxi drivin’ George?”

“Yeah, that’s George all right? Did you see him today? I haven’t seen him for awhile and was wondering what was up.” I replied.

“Ole’ George got a DUI a few days ago and is in jail.” Guy replied.

“I should have known. He had it coming.” I replied.

“He ain’t got no money for bail and his mother won’t bail him out.” Guy responded. “He be goin’ to have to sit in jail until his court date.”

Well, no more George posts for the time being as you can see and I don’t have to worry about drunken visits in the middle of the night either. Okay, on to my writings about today’s newest Piggly Wiggly Groupie. I had seen him down there as of late and he is hanging out with the crowd and is worth an honorable mention. DJ RapStar is what I will call him.

The reason I call him DJ RapStar is, you have to picture this in your mind, he is trying to become a rap star and dresses and acts like it. He strikes rap artist poses a lot at people and is always jamming to his walkman. He has on tons of bling-bling (garish fake jewelry and adornments) and wears NBA athletic style jerseys and shorts. He also has a Mercedes icon on a huge, fake gold chain around his neck. DJ RapStar struck up a conversation with me today down at the Piggly Wiggly after talking to George about me.

“Yo, yo, yo, my brotha!” He said. “Give a brotha a minute.”

“What’s up man?” I replied.

“George be sayin’ dat you be the computer man.” DJ RapStar said. “He be sayin’ you could hooks me up.”

“Great!” I thought. George is telling these guys about my personal belongings.

“What you need, man?” I asked.

“I needs you to sho’ me how to mix music on a computer.” He replied. “I is gonna be the next Puff Daddy.”

“Sure!” I thought. The next Puff Daddy. Hanging down at the Piggly Wiggly ain’t going to cut it if you want to make it big.

“I don’t have a program to mix music on my computer. You need to buy one and they are expensive.” I replied.

“Shit Dog, dat be wrong.” He replied. “How much it be costin’?”

“Just a guess but I bet around $500 bucks for a good piece of software and you would need a MIDI capable sound card and such.” I replied.

“Man, dey always be tryin’ to keep a brotha down.” He replied.

“Well, I have got run bro.” I replied.

“Keep it real dog, keep it real.” DJ RapStar replied and he walked over to a car that pulled up and leaned into the window.

I knew what was going on. He was selling crack. I was glad to get out of the conversation. I was getting weird vibes from the guy. He was kind of shifty. I think he is giving Cap with Tag Guy a run for his money on crack sales down at the Piggly Wiggly. I can picture a soap opera kind of scenario erupting with Cap with Tag versus DJ RapStar. Only time will tell.

No comments: