Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A different perspective on homelessness….

I always enjoy a different or dissenting view on things. It makes me think and sometimes opens my eyes. It allows me to see the world from a different or broader perspective.

I found a blog today randomly searching for homeless blogs and I was captivated by its material and the author. I ended up reading the whole blog in one sitting. I find such moments like finding a small gemstone amid a sea of sand. I love it when I find a blog and it sucks me in and doesn’t let go.

I am not a judge of homeless bloggers and I do not proclaim to know the authenticity of the blog or its author. I will let you, my readers, be the judge for yourselves. I think the guy has good intentions, is a good author, and has interesting subject material. He also writes on a frequent basis and that is a big plus in my book. Nothing is more frustrating when I find a blog that I like and the author does not have the time or the inclination to update on a frequent basis.

On a side note, I have been struggling lately for coming up with material to write about on this blog and this other blog has inspired me. I find my daily postings of just my daily activities to be boring for me and I am sure some of you as well. I am going to write a multiple part series on surviving rural homelessness in a camping setting and will get to work this afternoon. I will try to post an article every few days as my free time permits.

Here is that other blog about homelessness that I wanted to share. This guy has a different and unique perspective that I think is though provoking and worth a read.

No comments: