Sunday, December 05, 2004

Going in a new direction:

The days of this blog getting 200 hits per day are over. I am no longer interested in gaining a large cross section of readership or pandering to that. I am going to use this blog to discuss issues and ideas that interest me and that I am endeavoring to learn about. I will post from time to time about my aspirations for becoming a social worker and my new life in college for those of interested in keeping up with me. I feel I have an obligation to my long time readers and my internet friends to do this. I will try to keep posts away from too many personal details about my life though. Those make me uncomfortable and make me appear to be wishy washy as I constantly post and retract. If you would like to read about my learning and research endeavors then I appreciate you following along. My interests vary daily from fossil hominids, creationism vs. evolution, religion, debate, the bright movement, atheism, secular humanism, social justice, social work, homelessness, and to astronomy etc.

I want this blog to become something constructive and good for me. I do not want it to constantly be a liability and worry. I have dear friends and family reading along with me now and they grow concerned if I post too many personal things. Things that would be better kept to myself and only confided to the closest of friends. Those of you that have read a long time have learned a great deal about me through my postings. You have been able to glimpse into my world; the world that is me. This blog will now change directions and go a different course. It will be my opinions and what I am researching on a daily basis.

No comments: