Monday, December 06, 2004

Nightly weather report: Spring is in the air.

Sigh, winter always comes with a whimper here. The trees are just now losing their leaves and the grass is still green. I was reading on the Frumpy Professor’s blog about him getting a nice snow today. It makes me long for more northern latitudes. I would want to experience a good snow at least once a winter. We maybe get snow every 5 to 6 years and only around 2 to 3 inches. Everything has to be perfectly aligned with the weather for us to get freezing precipitation. I guess people in more northern, snowy latitudes would consider us lucky.

I just walked outside and it is very warm and muggy. The current temperature is 75 degrees (24 degrees Celsius) according to my thermometer and it is overcast. The tree frogs are busily peeping and the summer time nocturnal insects have made a brief reemergence to call their mating calls; one last ditch effort to procreate and spread their genetic material.

No comments: