Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A library in the garage……

Today I went spelunking in my parent’s garage. I was looking for more reading material. I just got finished reading The American Indian in the Southeast and The Last of the Mohicans. I have been on a Native American kick lately as far as books go.

You have to picture my parent’s garage. It is huge with two car bays. Every nook and cranny is filled with bookshelves and books. There are thousands of them down there. Every time I go and look I find little gems to take home with me and to read.

This area is rich in Native American history. All the local names are Native American such as Opelika, Chattahoochee, and Tuskegee. Today I am setting out to look for artifacts. There is a huge wooden area with a creek nearby my home. Where there was a consistent source of water there were Native Americans. This area frequently floods and exposes new ground. I am going to don my backpack and load up some provisions and head out in just a moment. I will report my findings when I return.

No comments: