Sunday, December 12, 2004

Lots of thoughts so I will be rambling today to catch up…….

I have had a busy week full of volunteering, hiking, and camping so I have neglected this blog. I feel like it has been some lost neglected step child of mine and it is now time to go back to being a parent again. Sorry for my absence but I needed some time to collect my thoughts and regroup.

I spent all day writing and stuffing Christmas cards with my father today. I was helping him out. We ended up with over a hundred cards, signed, sealed, and delivered. I had a good time and we told a lot of good hearted jokes. Tomorrow will be spent putting up all the Christmas lights on his house and his hedges. He is unable to do it this year so I volunteered and he will supervise so it goes up to his liking. It will be an all day job.

I have set aside Tuesday morning to do all my Christmas shopping. I hate shopping and just the thought of doing this is overwhelming for me. I have given myself a $200 dollar budget and this will come out of my savings. It is going to be really hard to stretch that $200 to buy all the presents I need and get them shipped. I will make a go of it though I am sure. Last Christmas I was homeless and things were horrible. I am just glad I can make this Christmas a different Christmas than last year.

Exploring average everyday blogs……

This evening and most of the night I went searching for normal everyday blogs and diaries. I stayed away from the popular ones. I wanted to find out more why we have this need to publish and share our most secret thoughts and desires. Most people who write blogs want to share their feelings and ideas and have a need for others to view and read them.

Following links on the internet is like an endless game where you just keep going and going. I find that linking through blogger’s comments can take you to some interesting pages. Most people who choose to be completely anonymous write some pretty interesting stuff. Topics varied wildly from sex, relationships, work, school, popular culture, religion, etc. Some of the blogs even made jaded old me blush at times. I found that a lot of the more risqué blogs about sex with female authors attracted undesirable types and saw many posts from the authors about these “perverts”. They were getting an audience other than the one that was desired. Sorry ladies but if you write about what you do with yourself in your free time (hint) then perverts are going to read and get off on it.

On my relationship front……

My ex-girlfriend has started a new flurry of activity to woo me. She came over four times yesterday and calls endlessly. I want us to just be friends and we are close ones and that is nice. I find the intimate side of our relationship just mucks things up and makes them too complicated. That has not stopped her endless innuendos as of late.

She even offered to take me to Europe with her this spring break and she would pay. I politely declined and told her I would rather go on my own merit. She said she would just go alone trying to pressure me like she did when she went on a Caribbean cruise this past summer. I will just wait and see what happens. I just do not feel comfortable going on expensive, paid for vacations and me being on disability.

Catching up with ‘The Homeless Guy’……

I was catching up on his blog after not reading for quite awhile. I see he is taking a new direction and is going to start selling hand made craft items on his blog to raise funds. I applaud him and think this will be much healthier than straight out panhandling for charity.

The dubious, realist side of me is very skeptical of his success though. I wouldn’t doubt that he will get more sales do to pity about his homeless situation than due to his craftsmanship or skill. In this late day and age of the internet if you could make $300 to $400 a week selling knitted scarves on the internet then someone would have already thought of that and cornered the market. My ex-girlfriend is a master at knitting, crocheting, and cross needlework and only makes a pittance doing it. I do wish him success though.

(Some of my camping experiences this week will follow when I get more time to write.)

No comments: