Friday, December 24, 2004

You’re getting to be a habit with me……

I have found that writing has become a habit of mine. Lately, I have grown bored with much of the internet but I still find myself sitting in front of the computer. This leads to me opening up a Word document and to start typing. Sometimes I don’t even know where this will lead me but I feel compelled to put my thoughts down with my digital quill.

I have been doing some brainstorming this morning. I am an avid reader of http://prisonpete.blogspot.com and find it amazing that a man in prison can write a blog. I was thinking about what if I could contact http://thehomelessguyinnyc.blogspot.com, formerly the homeless guy in NYC, and he could continue blogging via long distance correspondence. He could give me the username and password to his blog and I could post his letters after I transcribe them into a digital medium. That way his blog could live on despite him being incarcerated much like Prison Pete. I will endeavour shortly after Christmas to contact Dustin and see if James wants to communicate about this. At least I could give it a try. I think this would be a great avenue of expression and artistry for James as he sits and languishes in jail. It would give him a goal and purpose. I would also like to see his voice live on.

Well, my bags are all packed and I am all ready to go to my sister’s for Christmas. I just have to wait for my father to get off of work at 2 PM as he is going with me. I am going to drive the two hours to Birmingham this afternoon. I am kind of nervous about going for some reason. I have butterflies in my stomach. Lately, social situations fill me with a lot of anxiety for some reason and I have been avoiding them. I much prefer the calm and quiet confines of my little apartment and my solitude. I hope this doesn’t foretell me becoming a hermit of sorts. I guess starting school soon will force me into social situations and I will grow more comfortable with them. I hope I am just out of practice.

One last thing before I close: I got an email from a reader who stated that it was somewhat hypocritical of me to celebrate Christmas when I am not a Christian. I thought long and hard and will continue to over the holidays and will post a reply to this statement for you all to read. I have some interesting thoughts going on in my head and they have sowed the seeds for another blog post Saturday night or Sunday when I return.

No comments: