Monday, October 20, 2008

A Cure for the Lonesomes...

Do you ever just get lonesome?  I woke up lonesome this morning.  I drove over to hang out with Helen at my parent's house.  Helen was folding laundry when I walked in.  Dad and mom were still in the bed. 

"I took my husband that Model Railroader you gave me," Helen told me.

Helen's husband is paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheel chair.  I thought he might like the hobby. 

"What did he think?" I asked excited.

"He read the whole thing and now wants me to order stuff," Helen replied.

I was so excited.  I love to share the hobby and love it even more when someone joins in.  

"What are you doing up so early baby?" Helen then asked me.

"I was lonesome," I told her honestly.  "That little house can grow lonesome at times."

Helen got in the kitchen and cooked me some toast with preserves.  We sat at the table and gabbed a while longer.  I then headed on home with plans to get up Helen's husband more magazines.  

6 comments:

Summer said...

Me too dear. Me too.

Charlotte said...

I am married with two teenagers and I get lonesome at times. I don't have many friends, so I tend to rely on my family to 'entertain' me... I need to do something about that.

Jessica said...

Being lonely can be hard...I'm glad that you could turn Helen's husband on to a new hobby. :)

Jami said...

You are so thoughtful, and I'm glad you have Helen. She sounds like a really neat lady.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad your folks live nearby. You got your lonesome fix. :))

(M)ary said...

I feel lonesome on Sunday afternoon. For some reason, being alone on Sunday feels worse than any other day.