Sunday, October 05, 2008

Simple Treasures...

You know your life is simple when a friend brings you Diet Cokes and you get tears in your eyes you are so happy.  I was so excited early this morning when Charlie pulled up.  Maggie alerted me when she started to whine loudly in the den.  She adores Charlie.

"I've come with gifts," Charlie said snarkily as I opened my door.

Charlie handed me a 12-pack of Diet Cokes and I thanked him profusely and gave him a hug. 

"I am cooking steaks on the grill this afternoon," Charlie also said. "I'll bring you and Maggie a meal around five."

Then Charlie totally surprised me and cut my and Joyce's grass.  It is just something I can't do because of my panic attacks.  Every time I try, it brings one on.

I've been busy this morning.  I cooked a good, healthy breakfast and started on laundry.  I also have a bad habit of leaving drinking glasses around the house.  I gathered them up and washed them in my dishwasher.  It is the start to a good and  productive day if I can resist the Internet.   

4 comments:

Mo said...

I too have the drinking glass issue. It is sad and comical at the same time.

Simple treasures are the best. Right before I checked google reader, I twitted about my moment of bliss. Simply put, it was a warm mug of chai tea, a toasted multigrain english muffin with pumpkin butter.

Life is good my friend, especially when we are able to recognize the small things for the goodness they bring.

justLacey said...

Charlie sure has been a wonderful friend to you and your dad. You really are very lucky in many ways and the fact that you know that is the best part. You certainly have grown leaps and bounds in the last year.

CJM-R said...

Little joys for you from Charlie. It can make a day!

Chandira said...

What is it about cutting grass that gives you panic attacks? Do you have any idea?
With me, it's dark restaurants. If I eat a late meal in a dark restaurant, I'm pretty much guaranteed to have one. Same with movie theaters.