Friday, October 03, 2008

Early Morning Employment...

I had to go in to work early this morning.  I remember rolling out of the bed to a shrill phone ringing thinking who could that be?  It was my father's co-pharmacist.  Dad is out of town. 

"The computers are down and we just opened the store!" she told me excitedly. "I can't fill any prescriptions!"

I threw on some clothes and drove down.  I noticed how cool it was this morning and it made me smile. Before leaving, I took the time to brew some coffee and it hit the spot today.

When I got to the store, the solution was simple.  Somehow, the Internet modem and router had become unplugged.  I plugged it in and they were back online in seconds.  As usual, it really is usually something that simple when I get these calls.

"I'd pay you, but your father would hate me," Angie said as I was leaving.

"Two cold Coca-Colas will do," I replied understandingly as I smiled.

Those were the best two cokes I have drank in forever.  It is the simple pleasures for me these days.    

5 comments:

Mo said...

The simple pleasures in life are the best I find.

Funny how the older we get this becomes clearer. At least this has been the case for me.

Jami said...

It's great to be needed, isn't it?

justLacey said...

Next time you are feeling that you don't matter, think back on this. I bet they were in a panic and you really did save the day. It was simple for you, but for them it was something special and you stepped up. I bet there are many times you help people and don't realize how it touches their lives. I am so proud of you!

mosiacmind said...

I am sure that they were so grateful for you this a.m. as I am sure that they are often. I really still enjoy a cold coke in the a.m. after getting up and the first thing that i drink..i do not do that anymore but am thinking that when I go to the store I might pick up one or two for a treat.

Cookeville Weather Guy said...

I agree with you Andrew....nothing like a good ol' COLD Coca-Cola...amazingly refreshing!