Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Pepperjack Morning!

I feel better this morning, but scared.  I still have that lump in my stomach.  I woke up with it.  It is a nice morning of drinking Pepsi, Sprite Zero, and listening to the radio.  I had so many blog posts to catch up on.   Reader was packed with hundreds of great posts.   I have whittled them down to just a handful.  I find myself browsing more than reading though when that happens. 

I never know what Mom will bring me grocery shopping.  Yesterday it was lots of breakfast foods.  Breakfast burritos, fresh eggs, pepperjack cheese, bacon, sausage.  This morning I had a fresh pepperjack omelet and bacon, and it was delicious.  I always did love breakfast.  She even brought me some fresh fruit and I love some kiwis and cantaloupe.

I don't know what I am going to do about these attacks.  My father seems to think I am having (DT's) delirium tremens from my drinking days.  I can assure you that is not it and I get tired of him poo pooing my symptoms.  I think they are caused by my medications; either the Luvox or the Lithium.  I am tired of periodically dealing with this, though.  Convincing my father that it is my medications is akin to convincing Jesus to become an atheist.  Just isn't going to happen.  I will have to talk to my doctor without him in the room.  And that will take an act of congress.  

3 comments:

Sharyna said...

You're 35 and can't even go in and see your doctor without your dad!? That should be your private time with doc.

sharyna

Arleen said...

Hi, Andrew,

I've been reading your blog for about a year now. I got interested because my 18 yr old daughter suffers from schizo-affective disorder, and I stayed interested because I've come to like you and have been rooting for your success in becoming as independent as you feel comfortable becoming.

Look up delirium tremens, print out an authoritative article (not Wikipedia), and give it to your father to read. Do the same for panic disorder.

If he can still make himself believe that one can be mistaken for the other, you need to speak up at the doctor's office with dad in the room and let the doctor give him what for!

C.A. said...

I'm so sorry your Dad thinks you are having the DT's. That's absurd. I would think with the medical knowledge he is required to have as a Pharmacist he would be able to deduce that your problem with these panic attacks is NOT alcohol related.

I hate it that you are still feeling so badly.

Please keep us posted, and know so many are thinking of you and wishing you well.

I hope you have a peaceful evening, friend.

Hugs...

C.A.