Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Evander Who?

Mom accompanied me to the train shop in central Georgia today.  We were gone for hours.  The highlight of the trip was picking up an undecorated SW1500 locomotive which I will letter and paint for the Chattahoochee Valley Railway. 

"Look!  It's Evander Holyfield's home," I told mom as we passed his house on the way home.

"Who?"

"Evander Holyfield, the boxer," I replied.

"Never heard of him," mom said.

I couldn't help but laugh.  Mom would be a terrible partner in Trivial Pursuit. 

8 comments:

M said...

say hey from us bloggers to Evander if you see him.

Tee said...

That Evander has a huge spread, doesn't he. That place looks like a hotel. His Mom lives in the "small" house up at the front of the property. Cracked me up that you Mom doesn't know who Evander is LOL!!!!! I'm assuming you were in Riverdale at the train shop. Kinda in my neighborhood.

Cheryl said...

I stink at Trivial Pursuit, but I do know who Evander Holyfield is. Well, I know he's a boxer, but not much more than that.

Leann said...

Ditto to what cheryl said :-)

mosiacmind said...

I would not be good at trivial pursuit I am glad that you got out with your mom some.............

CRUSTYBEEF said...

197 U ROCK!

:),
Elizabeth

Tee said...

Hey Andres, I heard on the local news today, Evander is about to lose his place over there on Hwy 314, because of foreclosure. It's worth $10 million. I think he has probably squandered all his money. I do know he has a bunch of kids, and the news also mentioned he was delinquent in child support. That such a shame, because he is really a nice man, who is not wise with his money. It's not how much you make, but what you do with what you make. :-) A wise man told my husband that--his Dad.

Tee said...

I meant to say Andrew, not Andres. Sorry.