Thursday, June 26, 2008

Astonishing...

Imagine my astonishment as Mom showed up with Helen today to help clean my house.  My mother hasn't cleaned house in probably 20 years. 

"I just want to make sure Helen is doing it right," she told me as she pulled me to the side. 

I sat in the kitchen and peeled and cut up potatoes for potato salad while they cleaned and Helen got some ground beef cooking. 

"What has gotten into you?" I asked mom as she whizzed by carrying some of my laundry to my laundry room.

"I don't know," she said as she stopped in her tracks. "But it feels good.  I feel so alive."

I was so proud of her.  She has seemed to have blossomed while my father has been gone.  I haven't seen Mom so active since my youth.  It is truly heartwarming.

12 comments:

Obi Won Kenardly said...

Dude I really like your sight, I can connect with your writing and feel I understand. Keep cool, like the site.

Obi

justLacey said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well in your world. I know it is heartwarming to see your mom doing so good. Enjoyh it!

Kelly Jene said...

That's wonderful! It feels good to feel alive, doesn't it?

Hey I'm on Twitter now, see you there!

CJM-R said...

Good for your mom. Sometimes it is the simple things like cleaning a house that help us to feel good again!

Glad your heart was warmed.

mosiacmind said...

I know that these past two weeks that I have been keeping up with things it has me feeling so much better about myself. My mom came over today to help me with my place. We had a good time and then Gracie went with up to the DQ. Hope that the rest of your day is going good.

Eric said...

I haven't commented in awhile. Just wanted to say...Congrats on 219 days!!

Summer said...

We women like to blossom on occasions....

simonsays said...

Yea MOM!!!!!

ANd yea YOU, you sound good and that makes me smile...

:) :) :)

The Little Woman and Hubby said...

Sounds like you are doing better and your Mom is doing really well. Maybe she's not taking all the meds while you Dad is gone. LOL!

Cheryl said...

It's heartening to hear how well you and your mom are doing. I hope it continues. I love to hear you happy!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

What a nice thing for your mom to do! I'm glad to read that you have some bounce in your awesome steps as does your mom...
I'm so glad that you haven't had a PA in 7days..it's such a relief, isn't it?

Happy Friday my friend!
happy Friday.
Elizabeth

mosiacmind said...

I hope that your friday is going well and that you have a good weekend.