Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Embarrassment...

It has really worried me that Helen is having to give me my medications.  It is embarrassing.  Dad didn't trust Mom fearing she would have enough patience to wait the 15 minutes for them to take affect.  Helen has been so kind, though.  I wonder what she thinks of all of this?  We have a strange family. 

Mom took me to get my injection this morning.  We sat in the lobby as she read a book and I people watched.  Soon, they called us back and I was injected in the ole derrière.

"That didn't take long!" Mom exclaimed.

"It never does," was my reply.

We then went by my father's pharmacy so Mom could do some shopping.  I meandered around the store just browsing.  Now, I am home and glad to be here.  I am working on day 7 without a panic attack.  Please let's keep this up! 

15 comments:

justLacey said...

Glad to hear the panic attacks have taken a break. That is always a relief and each day will give you more confidence. Glad mom is here with you too.

Ivy, the Great and Powerful said...

Awesome on the panic attacks! You're doing better than I am! :)

Jessica said...

Good for you on the panic attacks...they can be so debilitating!

mosiacmind said...

I am so happy for you that your panic attacks have stopped. I know it might seem strange to you to have Helen give your medications but she knows your family well and she seems like such a sweet person i think the only thing she might be thinking is that she is happy to help you take care of yourself. I am eager to hear some of the other meals that she is making for you.

Kevin said...

good to hear that things have been well with you Andrew. I certainly have missed the regular posts.

Kelly Jene said...

It sounds like Helen is part of the family, so I bet it's nothing out of the ordinary for her. God bless her! I'm so glad you are feeling better.

STACY'S TRIP said...

just stopping by with some LOVE!

Portia said...

It sounds like Helen is part of the family and doesn't think too much about it at all.
YAY for no panic attacks!! I hope it continues:):)

C.A. said...

So glad the attacks have lessened, old friend. I thought of you when passing through Alabama. I laughed when I saw that sign on I65...Go to church or the devil will get you!

Only in the south!

Hope you get that new computer soon. We miss you!

Hugs...

C.A.

Summer said...

What's for lunch today?

Kelly Jene said...

Hey I'm on Twitter now under themoohaa. I'm following you. Are you out there??

Tee said...

So glad you are feeling better. And the meals you are describing that Helen has been cooking for you, I'll be right over. They sound delicious!

Mo said...

Here is to keeping what you've got going on on!

vinu1 said...

Glad to hear that your mom takes a lot of care and from my side get well soon, u never have to panic when your mom is there with you....
==============================
vinu1
Addiction Recovery Alabama
Addiction Recovery Alabama

Rachel said...

Thank you for blogging. I too live in Birmingham and have just recently been diagnosed. Just knowing there are others like me out there has helped me a great deal. Good luck and thank you.