Friday, June 27, 2008

A Tuna Kind of Day...

Helen stood in my kitchen at lunch as she made pimiento cheese and tuna salad.  I also watched how she made her deviled eggs.  This was Mom's eclectic menu that she picked out for Helen.  I love just to sit and talk to Helen.  She has a great and bubbly personality.

After much calling and cajoling, I managed to get my psychiatrist to call in more Klonopin.  The Klonopin is like a miracle drug in keeping down the anxiety.  I was elated when my father's co-pharmacist called and said my prescription was ready.   She would only give me five until she could speak to my father about putting the rest in my pill packs. 

Dad, friends, and my brother made it to Washington D.C. last night.  My brother had to head straight in to work which surprised us all.  They drove all the way across the country and he immediately was put in the trenches at the hospital.  I wouldn't want to be a doctor personally. 

11 comments:

justLacey said...

You have had such a nice quiet week. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it.

simonsays said...

I have to agree, being a doctor would really be difficult...no time for yourself, and such HUGE responsibility! I'm happy to hear that your brother and dad made their destination just fine, and I'm also happy to see that you are perking right along. Way to go Andrew!

Portia said...

The doctor bit would definitely not be for me either. I'm glad you had such a nice day, sounds like the three of you have a good time together. I hope it's a good weekend too:)

CJM-R said...

Glad you are feeling well.

That would be nice if you spend the night at your mom's house. That would be a change for Maggie!

Take care, Andrew.

Summer said...

Your brother will be working hard at Bethesda, that's for sure.

Ask Helen for her pimento cheese recipe.

mosiacmind said...

Hi Andrew...I am glad that your days lately have been good. I am glad that you and your Mom have been spending time together. It would be rough I think to be a doctor having to do all sorts of hours and such.I wattch some of those reality shows abour E.R doctors and how tired that they get. I hope that you are having a good saturday and have a good tomororow...........

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad your anxiety attacks have abated. You must be so relieved!

How was your Saturday?

Mo said...

For some reason, Tuna sounds yummy right now.

Hope things are well.

mosiacmind said...

I hope that you are having a good weekend. I am curious if you had any storms in your area. I hope that you are taking good care of yourself. Did you spend more time with your Mom? When is your Dad getting back? I am glad that you and your Mom had some good times together.

Barb said...

Maybe it is my lack of culinary skill, or just plain ignorance, but what the heck is pimiento cheese? Self explanatory perhaps, but that would be icky to me if it were. Please Advise me of southern charm food.

B~

simonsays said...

Check in Andrew - I am missing you!

:)