Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Early Lunch...

I was just sitting in my kitchen eating a very early lunch of grilled chicken, yellow squash with Vidalia onions, field peas, and cornbread.  This is wholesome southern food and I was so overjoyed to have it.  Mom really did good buying my groceries last week. I want to continue to eat such wholesome meals for my health. Rib sticking delectables that will encourage me to eat lots of vegetables and lean meats.

Maggie was in heaven even eating the veggies on the plate I fixed her.  I draw more satisfaction out of her enjoying this as much as I do for me.  She is my little baby, after all.  Though, she is growing in girth.  

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, your lunch sounds good! You're making me hungry. :)

Chandira said...

:-) That does sound good. I'm glad you're taking care of diet! Food is so important and really affects mood, health, hormones, body chemistry, everything.

C.A. said...

Yay for eating healthy! :) Good for you! :)

Cheryl said...

Your meal sounds delicious! Much, much better than the frozen stuff. And, much better than what I had to eat.

Tee said...

And you wonder why she won't eat dog food. LOL!!!

This is good southern food, like nothing like it!

M said...

oh yummy! that sounds good. scoot over and i'll sit down at the table.