Friday, June 13, 2008

Architecture...

I sat in a noon AA meeting bored. You would find me looking at the architecture feeling listless.  I still don't know what we were talking about.  I was having trouble concentrating.

After the meeting, a kind lady came up to me. 

"I don't mean to pry, but you're John's son," she said.

"Why yes I am," I replied.

"I just love your father.  He's been my pharmacist for years."

The lady was kind and offered to take me to lunch.  I declined and wanted to get home.  I wasn't feeling well. 

On the drive home, I drove through a shower and smiled.  Just that simple act of getting caught in a little downpour changed my spirits.  I threw my head back and laughed and beat on the steering wheel jubilantly.  It is no secret that I am overly fond of the weather.  It is going to be an okay day.    

8 comments:

Brad said...

Hey Bud - Glad to see your having a good day. It's funny what different little things can turn us around and send us in a different direction. Hope your having some fun out there.

Cheryl said...

What do you call those moments? Little blessings? It's the simple things in life that can bring the most pleasure.

I'd love for someone to bring me a 'plate' tonight. Especially if it was meatloaf. I'm so hungry! Two more hours of work to go. And I'll probably have a granola bar for dinner. That's my usual Friday night meal, if you can call it that.

justLacey said...

I'm so glad your mom is coming over. That will be a good way to spend a Friday night. I love spare ribs so eat extra for me. Next time take the lady up on lunch. you might gain a new friend. Glad your spirits were lifted today.

Leann said...

Glad to see you are uplifted!

Jenn said...

Just popping in to check on you. Hang tough.

2sunset said...

I adore storms.
Its like God is inviting me to party at his place.

AMAZING
PURIFYING

It was a gift.

Summer said...

Were the ribs good? How does she make them?

Cookeville Weather Guy said...

I know you're fond of the weather and I enjoyed reading your weather blog when it was up! :)

Glad to hear you're doing well...congrats on the 214 days!! :)