Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rainy Day Sunday...

It has rained off and on all day.  It has made for a very pleasant and comfortable Sunday.  I am watching the radar now as more showers march our way.

I'm struggling with my old nemesis addiction today.  I am just bored and I want something to do to pass the time.  I thought all day of just driving down to Auburn and getting a six-pack of beer.  A six-pack would only lead to more and drunk driving as well no doubt. I wish I could take a pill to sleep until this feeling passes. 

Mom was over another long time today.  She brought me a coffee from McDonald's and it tasted wonderful.  The caffeine was intoxicating as well.

For supper I am making some bobby burgers (you will know these as Manwiches or Sloppy Joes).  I have my grandmother's recipe and it makes the perfect bobby burger.  

6 comments:

M said...

i love hot coffee from Micky D's. someone told me they have new iced coffee drinks.

justLacey said...

Love those Sloppy Joes. I like mine with those flat tater tots, I think they are called crowns. The coffee would be a help too. i enjoy the rain when I have nowhere to go. I like the darkness and the sound of it.

Leann said...

I wish it would rain here. It's so bloomin' hot.

I'd love to have the recipe for the bobby burgers if you don't mind sharing Andrew. Do you still have my e-mail address?? Would love an old fashioned souther recipe.

Cheryl said...

Sorry it was a struggle today. You fought and you won. That's got to feel good. I'm so glad you got the rain. The south is really struggling. We had a storm and lots of rain tonight. It was a beautiful and clear day today. I love when the rain holds off till night time.

Eric said...

bobby burgers, coffee, McDonald's and victory over your addictions, alright Andrew, what a great day!

Judy said...

I too would love the recipe!