Monday, July 28, 2008

Sheeple...

I told a good friend of mine this morning that I was tired - tired of conventional life and trying to put this square peg in a round hole.

"You just want to drink without repercussion or responsibility," she replied.

I laughed and gave her a hug.  She was right.  I still live under the delusion that I would go pitch my Kelty tent in the woods, drink beer, and live by a campfire.  I still can romanticize my homeless days.  

"Conventional life is more rewarding," she then told me.

"You mean being a sheeple," I replied snarkily.

We argued back and forth about how conventional society is carefully controlled and manipulated by the bourgeoisie.

"You think too much," she finally told me.

Thinking has been my Achilles heel.  I told her I wished I was some penis-less orphan and she laughed and laughed.  I was serious.  I am off to engage in more conventionality: work. 

10 comments:

justLacey said...

So the alcohol and tobacco companies are preferred to the bourgeoisie? Because you know, that is who is manipulating your life when you drink.

M said...

omg. i love that word: sheeple. thanks for adding to my vocabulary

jrlmx2 said...

andrew, you're a kick!

Barb said...

grrrrrrrrr, I have had it! I am done with the homeless guy, Kevin's blog. He is such a manipulative arrogant man, that infuriates me! If it werent for you, I would swear off blogs!

BLB

Cheryl said...

We all try to fit in the right shape peg. Most of us don't. We just do our thing till another day arrives.

Mo said...

What's a sheeple? Is that a yes person?

I'm glad you have someone to talk to in times like those.

Another day my friend. Another day.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I would think that a person could be both conventional and unconventional at the same time. Parts of his/her life could conform to the "norms" of society when he/she felt it appropriate. And, other aspects of a person's life could be quite unconventional if he/she felt it was the right way to be for him/her.

I would like to think that I have both conventional and unconventional qualities. And, I believe you can have them too if you choose them carefully and with thought and conviction.

PipeTobacco

CRUSTYBEEF said...

sheeple! I love that word too! I will have to remember that!!
Everyone (I would like to think) dreams about greener more easier to care for lawns...
lawns of yesterday, simplier lawns...regardless..it's okay to be lustful of what is carefree as long as your feet enjoy the place that you're in right now too. :)

keep up the days my friend!
always,
ebs

C.A. said...

I concur with Pipe Tobacco. It IS possible to be both conventional and your own person at the same time. I've been doing it for YEARS, LOL.

I love the term "Sheeple" too! It's an "Andrew-ism"!

Happy Tuesday to you and Maggie...

Hugs...

C.A.

Lara said...

Sometimes I want to run away and not have to do all the mom & housewife things... to just be able to have fun when and how I want to.

And I've been told that I think too much too. Many times! LOL