Friday, July 25, 2008

Yay for Jerky!

Mom picked the menu today.  Helen was in a hurry and could only cook and not clean.  I find myself cleaning for the housekeeper anyway so my house was pretty clean.  Helen cooked a ham steak, broccoli, glazed carrots, corn-on-the-cob, candied sweet potatoes, and cornbread.  Mom and I sat quietly eating at my kitchen table after Helen left.

One strange thing did happen when Helen asked me to borrow $20 to pay her phone bill.  I just didn't have it.  I talked to Mom about it and she said Helen borrows money from her all the time.  Helen always pays her back or gets her to take it out of her pay. 

Maggie is a happy dog.  Mom brought along a big bag of expensive beef jerky from Kroger for her.  She has followed me constantly looking for more since mom has left and I gave her some.  

3 comments:

jane said...

funny, i clean for my housekeeper too!

M said...

i don't get cleaning for the housekeeper! do you mow the lawn before the landscapers arrive?


well, i guess it is like brushing and flossing before going to the dentist.

Tee said...

You cracked me up--cleaning for the housekeeper. Sounds like something I would do! That menu sounds WONDERFUL!