Saturday, May 08, 2010

Busy Morning So Far….

I got up at 3am and cleaned and cleaned until my house was almost spotless.  The cleanliness of my living environment is a direct reflection of my mental health.  My house can go to hell if I am feeling mentally interesting.   Dad came by about seven before work and gave me my morning dosage of Risperdal and exclaimed, “Dear God! This looks so good!  You can really do things when you set your mind to them!”  My house does look nice.  I am tired from doing all that this morning, but it feels good.  I don’t want to live in the filth I did when I was married to Rachel.  We constantly fought over cleaning.  My mother says she was sloppy and a slob.

Next on the agenda was Maggie’s walk.  We took a quick 45 minute jaunt around the neighborhood just as the sun was rising good in the sky.  It was chilly, but not cold.  Maggie was overjoyed to be resuming this usual routine of ours.  She walked with a certain strut in her step – her tail held high and her head erect.  We stopped at every interesting little thing to sniff and investigate.  It was her first walk in over a week. 

There is a body shop down the street from my home.  I ran by Mrs. Florene’s house to get the Skylark and took it for an estimate.  They want $300 dollars to take the dent out of the fender and to repaint it.  Mrs. Florene was so pleased I was saving her $200 dollars off the original estimate.  She cooked me a quick breakfast of some sausage biscuits.  She cooked for an army and I had a big bag of sausage biscuits to carry home with me.   No new news from George though.  Mrs. Florene is worried about him and keeps hoping he will call or write.   She asked me if I would drive her down to visit George in Atmore on the visitation days.  I told her I couldn’t do all that, and that she would have to ask George’s cousin, Monte, to do it.   I just don’t think I am up to driving 5 hours just yet.  I can get nervous just driving across town to my parent’s house.  It is hard to believe I used to drive an 80,000 pound big rig for a living at one point in my life!  Now?  A 3,000 pound Honda CR-V scares the bejeebus out of me!   

3 comments:

Lena said...

It does feel great to get up and get things done, doesn't it?

Great you could save George's mom some $$$ with her car. 5 hours is a long car ride, good for you for telling her it would be too much for you just yet.

Have a great rest of the day!

Michelle said...

Hi Andrew,

So good to see you blogging again. I'm glad you're doing better. :)

Michelle

Joy Heather said...

Hi again Andrew..so glad you are feeling better and getting out and about with Maggie..bet she loves it too...I do feel so sorry for Mrs Florene..but I think a 5 hour drive would be far too much for you, how anxious you have been lately,it would probably make you poorly again..i think you will both feel better when you have heard from George though.
Its always a great feeling when you have really had a blitz on the house isn't it, and it usually lasts a while afterwards with just a quick Polish and Vac..hugs to you both..Joy