Monday, May 31, 2010

This and That…

  • Lately, I tend to sleep for twenty hours and am awake for about four.  It is not the life I envisioned for myself.   The symptoms of my schizophrenia are controlled, but I am too sleepy to enjoy the experience. 
  • Late in the day, I pick out a CD from my collection and ride around in my car as I smoke and listen to it.  The driving tends to keep me alert and awake.  
  • Maggie has adjusted to our new schedule quite well – content to sleep her days away.  
  • Charlie brought Maggie and I ribeye steaks last night.  It was a nice and much needed treat.  Helen cooked cubed steak Friday and it was also nice.  I am still eating the pan of biscuits she cooked especially for me.  I toast them in my toaster oven with lots of butter. 
  • My father keeps talking of putting me in a “home” for people who are mentally ill.  I finally got tired of hearing it and abruptly told him to hush.  “I am a grown man and you can’t put me in a home against my will unless I am deemed mentally incompetent!”   He would have put my mother in a home years ago if he could have gotten away with it which reassures me that these are idle threats to “keep me inline”. 
  • The Zyprexa keeps me ravenously hungry.  I went through all my groceries in just a few days this week.  This reignites my tendency to practice bulimia to keep from getting fat again.   This has been a source of contention between dad and I this week.  I had to ask for extra food yesterday. 
  • I get a new letter in the mail from George almost daily.  Sadly, I have been terrible about writing back.  I know how much written mail means to someone in jail.  Mrs. Florene has told me she has also been remiss at writing back. 
  • I have only been on the Internet twice since last Monday.  I have completely lost all zest for the medium. 
  • I have been recording lots of TV shows for later viewing.  I am especially interested in the series on “Hoarders” on the Discovery Health channel. 
  • The weather here lately has been a weather lover’s dream such as myself.  We are in a pattern with lots of thunderstorms in the afternoons during the heating of the day.   I always seem to be in bed, though, as these storms erupt.   Damn good sleeping weather.  

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so happy to see a post from you. I, along with many of your other friends, have been really worried.

I hope you can level out on your medications soon, and feel more like yourself. In the meantime, take it easy. We'll all be waiting for you when you feel like "talking". Hugs Andrew. :)

Summer said...

The TV show Hoarders really upsets me for some reason. I can only watch a few minutes at a time.

I hope you can get your meds leveled out so that you feel well again.

And as far as your father threatening you...tell him to kiss my foot.

Anonymous said...

Thank God! Happy to c ur post.
Just hang on....u'l feel better in a few days....
Prayers r always with u....
Do take care...
From,
India

skinny minny said...

what does your doctor say about all your sleeping and how long it will take to level off so you can function again? glad to see you post again but still worried about you...

forsythia said...

Hope your meds get straightened out so that you aren't so sleepy all the time. When you're feeling well, you seem to enjoy life and have a lot of fun things to do.

Happyone :-) said...

Hi, nice to see a post from you.
Hope you will be able to get your medication regulated so you can enjoy more of the day. :-)
I have seen a few of the Hoarder shows. Amazing how much stuff they have!!!
Have a good day Andrew!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

You certainly have been missed! Kind of worried a lot of us that there was a bigger problem than you sleeping too much! As much as you don't like it, so very glad that it's nothing worse!

Love ya,
Grannie

Jenn said...

Sounds like you're going thru a tough time right now. Hang in there.

kristi said...

God, I would be so sore if I slept that long. My norm is 6 to 7 hours.
I love the show Hoarders as well.
Glad to see you back.

Anonymous said...

I've checked the legal code of Alabama. If Andrew's father has FULL guardianship of him , he CAN determine " the place of abode" of Andrew! Disabled wards in Alabama are treated just like children!Andrew should read the law carefully! His dad may have more power over him than he believes!