Saturday, May 08, 2010

Downtime…

“You’re doing too much too soon!” dad told me scolding me a moment ago on the phone. “Your mother just called and said you went and got an estimate for that black lady's car.  You need to let her family handle all that.”

“Yes sir,” I replied.  Dad is right.  I am an all or nothing fellow and went from 0 to 60 in a matter of a day. 

“Rest for a week,” he said. “Listen to your music.  Enjoy your home theater.  Just relax and let your medications work.  I told your mother not to get y’all up something to do either like she will often do.   She’s resting as well.  I ordered you both some downtime.  I will see you at three or four with your medications for the day.”

5 comments:

mommy2twogirls said...

Hey Friend! I am at my mom's today! She has awesome internet access! Luving it after our ssslllooowww internet...ugh! Just wanted to let you know that we didn't float away from the flood of 2010 that hit our area in TN. Our basement just flooded and we lost all the carpet down there...but it could be worse!
ps...like the new webpage look, very subdued...we will call it "after the rain."

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Glad you took care of Mrs. Florene even if it was uncomfortable. You saved her a TON of money. She should be able to handle it from this point.

If you're feeling buggy and need something to do - you can come on down and help me clean out my storage shed! There's stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day in 15 years! I'm really sentimental and have trouble throwing out things that hold any memories. Old magazines with articles about my dad. Hats my grandmother wore. Some of my son's baby clothes. Each and every item in there has its own story - and it's so hard to just throw them away!

Oh well, I'm through whining for today. Thanks for letting me complain to you.

What's that? Oh - you weren't listening? That's okay - at least I got to bitch and get it out!!

Love ya, Sweetie,
Grannie

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh Andrew I'm sorry...for some reason its putting a link to my last blog post. I'm not doing anything other than visiting and reading. Do you know how to make it stop? Can you delete it? Its done this on several blogs that I visit and I feel bad...hope you know how to make it stop. Thanks Andrew. p.s. I hope you feel better soon!!

justLacey said...

Sounds like a good plan. I know when I feel really good I tend to over do it also. A weekend of music and home theater all to myself sounds like a dream.

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

"I ordered you both some downtime."

Your father can be so funny. :)