Saturday, May 15, 2010

This and That…

  • My mother called me last night after dad had left completing our medication ritual.  “How are you feeling?” she asked.  “I am having some trouble adjusting to these new medications,” I replied.  “I did get dad to give me two extra Klonopin to take.”  Mom was astonished dad would do that.  “He must be really worried about you!” she exclaimed.   I took 4mg of Klonopin and slept from 8pm last night to 7am this morning.  It was some much needed rest.  I still feel shaky this morning though.  Not too bad, but I am scared it is going to be a mentally interesting day.
  • I just drove over to get my six diet Cokes for the day.  The humidity here is so thick you can almost cut it with a knife.  Even the inside of my house feels humid.  I am very cold natured and am debating on whether to turn the air conditioning on or not.  I will probably be the only man in town sitting inside in a warm pullover and long pants on a hot spring day today.  The air conditioning will remove the humidity, but will make me very cold.  I am extremely cold natured. 
  • We have a chance of rain and storms today.   That will keep me busy watching the Weather Now channel.  I get so excited at any deviation from the weather norms.
  • I am currently listening to Coast to Coast AM shows from January this year.  I can sit in my lazy boy and listen all day.  I love that show despite most of it being a tad bit too fantastical.  I just finished a show this morning discussing leprechauns, unicorns, pixies, and elves.  The guest firmly believed they are real.  I had a smile of disbelief on my face as I listened.  
  • I completely rearranged the furniture in my den and it threw Maggie for a loop.   She has just now settled down on the couch for the morning across from me sleeping.  I like being able to look over at her as she sleeps.  It is comforting.  I still say the best thing dad has done for me in years was to bring me Maggie when she was a puppy.  I think all mentally ill people should have companion pets if they are responsible with their well being and upkeep.  
  • Mrs. Florene is cooking cheese straws for a church luncheon today.  She called me last night and said she is doubling the recipe to bring me a big container of them.  I love cheese straws especially if they are spicy.   Mrs. Florene assured me she would add some extra cayenne and Tabasco to the second batch just for me. 
  • My weight this morning was 183.   I have lost 4 pounds since my last p-doc appointment.  I just haven’t been that hungry for the last few days and have been skipping meals.   Do you think this has something to do with me feeling mentally interesting?   I worry it does. 
  • Helen’s spaghetti supper was wonderful.   She brought me by my plate around four.  She used a small amount of chili powder in her spaghetti sauce and I was pleasantly surprised when I took that first bite.  It was delicious.  I especially loved the Caesar salad.   Helen added such things as boiled eggs, grated parmesan cheese, and lots of croutons.    
  • I have a DTS (digital theater surround) disc of a thunderstorm and I listen to it off and on throughout the day.  I will close my eyes and it will almost put me to sleep.  You feel as if you are sitting in a living room of someone’s home as a thunderstorm rages outside.  With my surround sound system, you can hear the storm approach from the West, move overhead, and then die off to the East.  It is fascinating.    

4 comments:

Joy Heather said...

Glad you enjoyed your Spaghetti it sounded lovely. I so envy you the warm weather..it is so very cold here at the moment,i have got my central heating on..i had a fire as well yesterday, my daughter who has been staying with me (until today)said to have the two seemed a bit much,but the central heating was needed..its sunny outside at times but SO cold...I think if you are feeling a bit depressed or anxious it can make you feel like not bothering to eat..i feel its just too much trouble,when o am having a bad day..having Ness here as forced me to cook and eat..we have also drank a bit too much wine !!

Tee said...

Now this is not boring. Just living life. Turn your A/C on but don't put it below 78 degrees. That way it won't be too cold and it will removed the humidity from your house. Lack of A/C can cause you to have a mold and mildew problem. Keep blogging, you are a lot more interesting that you realize.

justLacey said...

I think I would like that that thunderstorm disc. Where do you get it?

kristi said...

Wow my hubby would love that thunderstorm disc!! It is humid here in East Texas too.