Monday, May 03, 2010

Your Uninteresting Weather Report…

I try not to write about the weather on the blog as I realize it is so uninteresting for someone who doesn’t live in Alabama.  I was so disappointed with this morning’s early line of storms though.  Or should I just say line of rain.  We didn’t get any thunder or lightning.  It was just a heavy, soaking, driving rain.  I had all my windows and doors open throughout the night and everything in my house is damp now including the bed and my covers.  The price I had to pay for experiencing the rain as close as I could to just standing outside in it.  It harkens back to my homeless days when I was so into camping.  I felt I was roughing it this morning as the rain started around 3am.  It was an ethereal experience as I sat in my den and listened to the rain pour just mere feet from where I sat in the comfort of my den. 

image1

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Don't ya just love the rain? When my alarm went off at 5:30 today, the rain was beating against the window pains. I got up, sipped my coffee, and quickly decided that I wasn't going to work today. So, I went back into bed and let the sound of the rain lull me back to sleep.
Mary

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I so wish that there was something that could control the anxiety without making you feel like you're in a fog. Or at least something that would make you not so afraid of the attacks.

When you're feeling better, you and mom can get some shopping done. There are plenty of days left in summer!

Letters for you and George will be good! It will give him something to look forward to and let you do something to help him get through this. You could probably just print your blog and he'd be happy! And you can sign them - Don't drop the soap!!