Monday, May 17, 2010

This and That…

  • I woke up to the wonderful sound of rain falling.  The first thing I did was open my porch door and stand at the threshold listening.  It was a very humid, but wonderful night.   Maggie decided this was a good time to sit on the porch and bark, spoiling the wonderful sound of rain falling. 
  • “Mom?  How could I talk dad into buying me a new stereo receiver with HDMI inputs and outputs?” I asked last night on the phone.  “You could tell him the one you have is broken and you can’t live without one!” mom replied.  I laughed it was so dastardly and conniving.  “Mom!” I exclaimed.  “I didn’t know you could be so diabolical!”
  • I drove over at 5am this morning to get my six diet Cokes.   As usual, they were sitting on mom and dad’s porch in a plastic sack.  A note inside read, “Don’t drink them all at once.  You will get a panic attack!”  I drove home and drank them all at once just like a crack addict on cocaine.
  • This morning I will call dad and remind him very vehemently about my camera SD card reader.  Hopefully, he will get Tricia to order it today.  I am sorely missing my camera.   
  • A goal today is to get over to mom and dad’s this morning to raid their pantry and fridge for food.  I am completely out of food at home and it is still several days away from grocery day.  Some of Helen’s leftover spaghetti would hit the spot.   I would also like some more of dad’s vegetable beef soup.  Maybe I can get Helen to cook me a big pan of cornbread today if she is not too busy. 
  • This morning’s Coast to Coast AM was about the war on drugs.  Yawn.  I wanted something a little more fantastical and unbelievable to scoff at while I listened. 
  • Maggie had to pee something terribly while it was raining earlier.  She came back in looking like a wet rat.  I had to police her to make sure she didn’t use the bed as a towel.  She is currently preening on the back of the couch. 
  • Thankfully, no long calls from Mrs. Florene last night.  I dread her calls like the plague as I am stuck on the phone for such a long time and it is extremely uncomfortable.  I abhor the phone, period.  I would do without one if it were not for mom obsessing over being able to reach me.   
  • It is 6am and the first light of dawn is on the horizon.  My, have the days grown so long.   I wonder when then the summer solstice arrives.  I can’t be far off. 
  • “The Homeless Guy” wrote a post this morning about questioning the veracity of homeless advocates – basically about most homeless advocates being full of shit.   But if you question him, he will delete your comment!  What gives?

21 comments:

Berryvox said...

I miss your camera too! Is it weird that I miss seeing nearly daily photos of Maggie? lol.

Joy Heather said...

I agree wth berryvox..i really miss your pictures, hope you get it sorted soon.

Beth said...

Summer solstice -- the longest day of the year -- is a bit more than a month away: June 21. In countries such as Sweden, where the sun is so scarce in the winter, there is a huge Midsummer festival with maypoles and greenery everywhere, and the whole country takes a holiday.

Happyone :-) said...

I enjoyed listening to the rain on my umbrella this morning as I went on my morning walk. Love the sound of rain.

Jones said...

Hi Andrew,

Awhile ago you posted a free anti virus site. I downloaded it on my new computer thanks! Now my old computer is needing an upgrade on security. What do you recommend? I don't remember the name that you gave before but you being the brainiac will remember I'm sure. Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Still reading the blog after all this time! Keep on keeping on!

Joan

Peg said...

Andrew! You haven't posted since Monday. Hope you're doing okay. When you don't post, I worry.

Praying, hoping, thinking of you.

-- peg

justLacey said...

There was a documentary a couple of weeks ago on Discovery Health about a 6 year old diagnosed with schizophrenia. Did you happen to see it? I was very interesting.
Just stopping by to see how you are. I imagine you are resting and busy with your home theater. I like that.

glittermom said...

Hope you start feeling better soon...Miss your posts...

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Thinking of you. Hope all is well and that you and dad are working on things.

Love ya,
Grannie

C.A. said...

Hey friend...hope all is well with you, because I've been missing your posts. I am concerned....hope you are just taking a short break.


Big Hugs....

C.A.

Jules said...

Unfair, Unfair, Unfair!!

Protesting your lack of posts.

Where are you Johnathon? Come back to us.

Much love my friend.

skinny minny said...

hope you are ok. thinking about and praying for ya.

Joy Heather said...

Hi Andrew..i hope you are ok ?..i always worry when you haven't blogged for a few days..i know it may be technical problems, yours OR mine, (i think mines ok though)
I know you weren't feeling too good on Monday, with panic attack problems ??. I Really hope you are better soon, or that you are able to blog again wichever it is. I miss your blogs..Take Care, Hugs to you & Maggie...Joy

NellJean said...

I am starting to worry.

Anonymous said...

This keeps cutting me off John so I'll make it short...have you ever tried Nestea instant? If not..you will get more from it than cokes..promise..a good pick me up..and not so much to drink. Some people drink several cups of coffee and think nothing of it ..so hey..you will like this..my best friend lives in Cullman, Alabama..don't know how far that is from you..but they all drink tea..brought the habit back with me to IL and have been hooked on my iced tea since...no sugar though for me..the tea in it's self is enough! Love your blog!

mago said...

?

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Hope you're getting some rest and working on getting back to a good balance of things that will work for you! Missing you terribly. Give Maggie a tummy rub for me, please!

Love ya,
Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hope you are ok. I miss reading about you and Maggie.

Leann said...

Hey Andrew. I just caught up on your posts and as usual loved reading about what is going on in your life. I hope you get the camera card you need as I know how much you enjoy taking pics and videos for your blog.

Enjoy the spring weather as summer will be there soon enough.

Joanne from Singapore said...

I miss you. Hope you are all well

S said...

Okay, I'm starting to worry now. I hope that you and Maggie are doing okay. You are missed!