Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Holy Shit Moment

I was sitting here reading my computer screen. Somehow, I blinked the wrong way and my vision went all blurry in my right eye. I blinked a few more times and then I realized my contact was gone. I paid almost $300 dollars for those things and panicked. “Son of a bitch,” I cried. I think my heart skipped a beat.

I got down with my face to the floor with a flash light and tried to find the errant contact. I was hoping I could see its irregular contour against the floor and the carpet. I couldn’t find it. I sat up disgusted almost ready to cry; so much money down the drain. I could eat for a month on what I paid for those things.

I walked into the bathroom to take the remaining contact off and to put on my glasses. My right eye was still feeling uncomfortable so I looked in mirror closely to check it out. There was that contact in the corner of my eye! Never have I been so relieved. “Thank ye gods!!!” I cried aloud.

No comments: