Monday, October 10, 2005

Update on Lunch Date Saga

On the upside: We had a good time and got to know each other better. Carolyn is also ten years my senior. I have never been out with an older woman before. Many of the dreaded questions I was expecting never came up. I think I handled the social aspects much better than I thought I would. She asked me if I would like to go to the movies this weekend. I accepted. She said it would be her treat.

On the downside: I am exhausted from that delicate social dance. It is also so expensive to take someone out for lunch and drinks. It is going to be another very lean week unless I get a lot of hours at work this week. I completely screwed my budget. Frankly, I cannot afford to date someone in the traditional sense nor am I willing or capable to work full time to do so. The crazy thing is that she thinks I must have money in that I have a nice car and nice clothes. I only have those things due to the insistence of my very wealthy parents. Life is never simple.

Well, off to work I go to see if I can make up some of the shortfall I made today in my budget. At least I get to work two hours tonight doing deliveries. That will be twenty bucks. I need it!

No comments: