Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tammy, We Greet Thee

It rained steadily all last night and was quite cool. I slept with my windows open and slept fitfully. We have tropical storm Tammy as our guest the next few days with a sixty percent chance of rain today.

This morning I had to get my injection of Risperdal. I crossed my fingers that what little gas I had left would get me down to the valley and back. My low fuel warning light is on and I think that means I have thirty miles of driving before it runs out.

As I arrived at my father’s pharmacy to pick up the shot, cars and trucks were everywhere and the store had only been open for a few minutes. “What in the Hell?” I muttered aloud as pulled in. There was no place to park and what seemed like hundreds of elderly people filled the drug store.

I finally found a parking space behind the hardware store next door and walked in the rain to the pharmacy. I almost couldn’t get in the door so many people where crammed in there. I had to fight my way to the back counter.

“What is going on?” I asked my father.

“Today is flu shot day,” He replied. “Do you want one?”

“Uh, no thanks,” I said. “I would rather get the flu that to have to wait in that line.”

My father laughed.

I had never seen so many people inside his store before. You almost couldn’t move. It was going to be a long day for my father I am sure.

I finally got my injection and drove on down to the doctor’s office glad to escape that noisy crowd of people. As soon as I sat down, they called me back. Andrea, my nurse, greeted me at the door to the waiting rooms.

My regular nurse is such a beautiful specimen of a woman. I think I have a slight crush on her and she was especially flirtatious today. I reciprocated and she ate it up. We laughed and talked and then it came time to bare my posterior for posterity. It was an awkward moment with someone you fancy. I am so modest and hate having to expose my ass.

All’s well that ends well as they say and I made my way on home to start another day. A quiet day of reading as the wind gusts and the rain falls horizontally against my windows. Tammy, we greet thee. I don’t think I have ever been so glad to get a tropical storm. The weather has been so stagnant and uneventful lately and change of pace is welcomed.

No comments: