Friday, October 21, 2005

Someone Hit Rewind, Please?

Do you ever have those days where you want to hit rewind and start it all over again hoping things may turn out different? I had a horrendous day at work today. I had to deliver a hospital bed to a local housing project. She was an elderly lady and I couldn’t understand a word she said. Her son was also there, but he was of no help as he was drunk and reeked of alcohol. He mainly just got in the way and made a nuisance of himself. Don’t let me get started about their cat. What started out as a simple project of putting together a bed and showing the inhabitants how to use it got complicated quick!

First, I had a hell of a time getting that bed together. It was extremely hot in their apartment and I was dripping wet with sweat from my exertions. My shirt was soaked by the time I got that bed together. The cat also stayed under my feet and I almost fell several times tripping over him. That was one attention deprived and needy cat. The cats name was “what up?” What kind of a name for a cat is that? It made me chuckle every time I heard the son say it.

I finally got the bed put together and working correctly. The elderly lady wanted to lay on it and try it out. I showed her how to use the controls. She laid upon the bed and was displeased with the side rail. I took it off. She still was not happy as she said the bed was too high. I got out the crank and cranked it down to the lowest level; nope, still not happy. It was as low as it would go and there was nothing else I could do. She said she would just have to live with it I believe. I hardly could understand a word and would have to ask her to repeat what she said many times. She grew frustrated with this routine and I did as well.

Next was paperwork. I don’t want to even go there as it would tire me to even write about it. I will just say it was so damn frustrating. I earned every dollar and cent I made today.

I am so exhausted and will probably hit the bed soon. I have done nothing but sit on my ass in front of this computer and tinker with my blog template since I have gotten home. I am even too tired to fix supper. Oh, the joys of a working man!

No comments: