Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

I slept like a log last night. I lay down in the bed last night around 9 PM and didn’t wake up until 7 AM this morning. I didn’t even have my usual medication induced vibrant dreams last night. What a restful sleep!

Yesterday was a trying experience. My great aunt lives way out in the country so it is no simple task just to go pick her up and run errands. She is also a trying woman and I had to bite my tongue a few times during our conversations. She has a tendency to talk badly about everything and everybody; just one of those very negative type people. For years, my father tried various drugs under the guise that they were her blood pressure medications in the attempt to calm her down and give her a better outlook on life. It was akin to giving her sugar pills as none of them ever worked. She was always as negative as ever.

She also has a bad tendency to say so and so never worked a day in their life and that they are sorry. She rambled off various men who never farmed or worked during our drive yesterday. I wanted so badly to tell her that she never worked a day in her life as well. She always mooched off of various family members and lived with them. When one family member such as her siblings grew tired of her then another would take over the task of seeing about her. She once lived with my grandmother for two weeks. My grandmother couldn’t take it and had her moved to another sister’s house.

I drove us down to Auburn to eat lunch as she wanted a hamburger. I then drove up to the valley to buy her groceries and to get her prescriptions filled at my father’s pharmacy. Next on the agenda was the ophthalmologist appointment. That took another hour. Then I had to drive her back home and help unload all the groceries and get them put up. I was so glad when I pulled up in my driveway and could call it a day. My low fuel warning light came on the instant I pulled in.

Now, I have the dilemma of putting $10 more dollars worth of gas in or I will not drive until Monday. I spent $5 dollars yesterday getting me and my great aunt a hamburger at McDonalds for lunch. I think it is time to hit up the neighbors and see if any of them need their yards mowed or leaves gotten up. Got to get up some extra cash.

Oh, I got another one of those letters from the Diocese in Birmingham about my and my ex-wife’s annulment. I didn’t even open it. As I walked by the outside trash can coming from the mailbox yesterday, I just tossed it in. I am not fooling with that shit. This annulment garbage has been going on for years now. I could care less whether she gets it or not. I just wish they would quit sending me crap about it. Why can’t they just give her the damn thing and get it over with?

No comments: