Monday, October 03, 2005

Lean Times and Blog Tweaks

I did some tweaking of my blog templates. I can’t leave well enough alone it seems. I added a link above to my other blog. I also added a grey border around my content on this blog as well. I also added a nice new header image to Grumpy's Radio Station and tweaked some of the graphics and layout. I was especially proud of this new header for my music blog. The image that is prevalent on that blog was taken from a plane as it approached for landing in Paris, France. I found it on another blog and “acquired” it. :)

My very elderly great aunt called me today and said she needed a ride to her appointment with the ophthalmologist tomorrow. I couldn’t say no. I am not overflowing with cash at the moment and had to put in twenty dollars of gas and it only gave me 6 gallons. She lives in another town and her doctor is in another as well. It is a lengthy drive. I just hope 6 gallons will do it or we will be shit out of luck. Luckily, I don’t have to work this week, but that compounds the problem.

I only have an $85 dollar a week budget to work with after my mortgage, utilities, and other expenses are paid. So what did I do on top of spending $20 dollars on gas? I bought a $20 dollar carton of cheap cigarettes and a $10 dollar case of el cheapo beer. That leaves me with $34 dollars left in my wallet and that has to last me until next Monday. Lean times these next few days it shall be. Mayonnaise sandwiches and glasses of tea will be a frequent meal. Hey, at least I have plenty of smokes and enough beer to last me for a few days while I read.

No comments: