Saturday, November 28, 2009

A White Guy comes to Thanksgiving...

I always feel so odd at any of George's mom's soirees.  Like the only white guy in town.  We had a good time despite that.  Mrs. Florene fixed her yeast biscuits and they were heavenly.  She told me she was going to show me how to fix them soon.  We also had a turkey and cornbread dressing.  It was more traditional than dad's Thanksgiving.  George did something entirely rude, though.  He went and watched the football games on TV while we were eating.  I though that was terrible.  George can be so uncouth sometimes. 

3 comments:

Leann said...

It's nice to hear you had a good time Andrew. I always take those instances as the 'odd man out' as an opportunity to step into their shoes and feel what they must when the situation is reversed.

Irishcoda said...

Even though you felt a little out of place it's great you fit in nicely enough to enjoy dinner with your friend's family--even if he was rude! :P

Joy Heather said...

I am glad you enjoyed your dinner with George & his Mom..it will make up for missing out yesterday...the very fact that you are invited shows that you are not considered an outsider at all...what is colour anyway ??...friendship is what counts. I suppose George's Mom must be used to his ways by now...another eason she was probably glad you were there.