Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Pecans are Falling...

The little Asian lady that walks by my house every morning knocked on my door today. 

"Can we pick up pecans in your backyard?" She and her daughter asked.

"If you can put up with my dog barking incessantly," I replied.

Maggie surprised me.  She didn't just go bonkers.  She got to playing with the little girl.  They were playing tug of war with a big pecan branch.  It warmed my heart to see that.  Maggie seems to have this second sense about people and whether they are good or not. 

My cousin Johnny?  Maggie hates him.  She will sit close to me and bark every time he moves. He was over here the night before last and Maggie's behavior embarrassed me. It makes me wonder, though.

5 comments:

skinny minny said...

wish I had a pecan tree to harvest from the ground around. :) some of my favorite memories with my granma are of picking, shelling and eating pecans straight from her front yard.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Pups are the best judges of who to trust. Unless, of course, the "bad guy" is offering a big beautiful rib eye!!

Grannie

Joy Heather said...

Dogs do have a 6th sense (as do other animals)and they are a good judge of character..how wonderful to have a pecan tree..pecan /syrup pie is so yummy....its made my mouth water just thinking about it.

forsythia said...

Dogs and cats know. Of course, cats have their own slant on this. They always pick the one person in the room who can't stand cats and go sit on his or her lap.

Joy Heather said...

I had to laugh at Forsythias remark..it is SO true, my daughter in law is terrified of cats (dont know why)..all of my cats make a bee line for her..especially Lady who will not take no for an answer & is so insistant, its as if she thinks She alone can change her mind LOL.