Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Emergency Rations...

Mom did something terrible to me last night.

"You still have a carton of cigarettes at the house if you need them for emergencies," she told me. 

"Mom, you shouldn't have told me that," I replied, flabbergasted.

"Well, I was only trying to help," she told me.

Now, I have cigarettes on the brain.  I woke up thinking about them and the first thing I did was reach for my cigarettes and lighter this morning.  It is going to be a tough day knowing those cigarettes are over there.  I am dying for one right now. 

7 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

You've already done the hard part, Andrew! They are just as hard to get to as the ones at the store. They mean nothing to you now.

Go give Maggie a hug and grab a carrot!

Grannie

NellJean said...

It's a test. You will pass.

The apricot is call 'Xing' in China: Successful Candidate Flower.

You will be a Successful Candidate and pass this test.

Boxer said...

hang in there. So impressed with you for quitting.

Lynx217 said...

Hang in there. If I were you, I'd give or sell the cigs to someone who needs them; you don't, you're free!

glittergirl said...

i think sometimes the ones we love most want to enable our addictions.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

If you refrain it is fine, but if you smoke the cigarettes, that is fine too. In my opinion, it is more problematic to worry too much about either outcome. Worry is the real enemy.

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

justLacey said...

Worry is an enemy, but smoking is too. Only people who smoke think it's a good idea to keep on doing it. You can quit. If you mess up just start again from that day and move forward. You haven't ruined your progress.