Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Going On's...

Dad cooked a ham and turkey yesterday.  He also cooked his crockpot dressing which is scrumptious.  For dessert, he cooked a pumpkin pie and lemon meringue pie. We plan on eating around one.  My sister and her family are driving down from Birmingham. 

Amazingly? My social anxieties aren't getting the better of me this morning.  I will soon take a shower and head over to help.  I am also excited about telling dad what I want for Christmas.  I want an I-pod classic.

Mrs. Jones is having her Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.  I've already been invited and am going to bloat up with all the food. 

I hope you all in the States have a good Thanksgiving.  You will have to tell me what you are doing.  Take care and I will probably post pictures tonight if I remember to take my camera. 

5 comments:

Summer said...

Have a wonderful day Andrew!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Since there will just be the two of us this year, hubby and I are baking a chicken - but all the traditional "fixin's will be there with it.

And, of course, we got two special, meaty bones for Dixie and Rascal (rat terriers).

Keep a smile on your face and a happy outlook!!

Grannie

Sharyna said...

Happy Turkey Day, my friend!

Irishcoda said...

How was your day? Ours was very pleasant! My son's been roasting our turkey the last 4-5 years. He follows Alton Brown's methods and brines the turkey for 2-3 days before roasting. Oh my goodness, it is the tenderest meat ever! We had our usual traditional dishes. My mother-in-law came to visit and brought a squash soup--never had that before but it was delicious! Another new thing I did was to add walnuts to the stuffing. Ah, it can't be same old same old after all. Looking forward to your pictures. :)

Jessica said...

Hope you had a great one! :)