Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Poor Maggie...

Maggie is all out of sorts.  We've missed our walk for two days in a row.  Yesterday, we had torrential rains all day.  Today, I just didn't feel like walking two miles and it was so dreary and cold outside.  Maggie's been sitting by the piano and wagging her tail wildly when I walk by.  I keep her leash and harness on top of it.  You should see me try and put it on.  She wiggles so excitedly that it can be an ordeal.  I get to laughing every time.  "Hold still stinker!" I will say.

It is hard to eat healthy and the food not be bland.  Tonight, I cooked salmon steaks and stir fried pole beans in vegetable oil.  I kept thinking something was missing.  BREAD!  I was tempted to make some cornbread or biscuits, but didn't.  My supper wasn't stellar, but I got full. My psychiatrist said the oils in fish are extremely beneficial for people with schizophrenia.

Poppa was really late with my medications tonight.  I was getting kind of out done with him.  The later it gets without my meds, the more downhill I go. I have to be subservient though and can't say anything.  I wanted to holler at him and say, "Goddammit, you can't do me like this!"  That thought played over and over in my head making me feel vindicated.   

9 comments:

skinny minny said...

spice adds zest to food. Did you use any spices in the preparation of your dinner? garlic, rosemary, and basil are some of my favorites to add some oomph to foods. bell and hot peepers, cilantro, lemon, and vinegars can be a boon to food as well. I thought your dinner sounded yummy just spice it up a bit more. :)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

If you are a little worried about getting too daring, try some Mrs. Dash! It's not gourmet cooking, but it does have a pretty good taste and has NO SALT!

Works pretty well when you don't have a cabinet full of herbs and spices.

Grannie

forsythia said...

Looks like you're on the right track with food. I hope I'm not being the voice of Satan here, but lots of people eat healthy on weekdays and let them selves go---a little!--on weekends.

forsythia said...

Of course, the comment made above comes from a woman who ate three whole bags of candy corn on three different days before Halloween. No wonder I felt like a witch be the time Halloween got here!

Summer said...

Some days at lunch time I walk across the street to the hospital to eat lunch. They serve a lot of fish. The last time they had salmon they put bbq sauce on it and that was a delicious surprise.

Joy Heather said...

I agree wuth Skinny Minny..Garlic & Spices etc can do wonders when added to your Veggies..and make all the difference as they are no longer bland....also add them finely chopped to vinegar or lemon juice to make a tasty dressing..perseverance will help here..its amazing what a difference a helthy diet can make to our moods...well certainly to mine.

Cheryl said...

The rain here is horrible. Cold and pouring. I'm glad it's a day off.

Can you talk to your dad and ask him to come earlier? That for your mental health you need to take your pills at a certain time?

John Noble said...

I take the fish oil capsules for my omega-3 - two a day. I don't like eating fish too much. Have you thought about the fish oil capsules?

sal said...

I don't know how I ran into your blog last evening, but it's 5am in Illinois and I must keep reading!
Wind chill-19 this morning. A good day to stay in and enjoy your life. Thank you for you!